Friday, April 25, 2014

Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer in Custard vs MAC Prolongwear Concealer

Shade: Custard


I received the Nars concealer as a birthday present from a friend. The Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer retails for $28. 









Shade: NC 25
The MAC Prolongwear Concealer retails for $19.

MAC Prolongwear Concealer (NC 25) on the left and Nars Creamy Concealer (Custard) on the right.

The concealers blended in.
This photo did not do my arm hair justice :(


NARS Concealer Review
As far as coverage on a concealer goes, I would say the NARS concealer has a medium coverage. I have super dark circles so this concealer kind of covers them but not as much as I would have liked. This concealer also does not last long on my face at all. I'm not the type of person to bring concealer in my bag to touch up so by the end of the day, the concealer is half gone from under my eyes.

It is not super thick and pretty easy to blend in. I find it to be very easy to control the amount to apply (since it is a doefoot applicator). This concealer is actually a tad bit too dark for my NC 25 skintone. In certain lighting, the concealer looks a little orange under my eyes (it's slightly too dark for me). 


MAC Prolongwear Concealer Review
This concealer has a medium-full coverage. Slightly more full coverage than the NARS concealer but still not enough coverage to be a full coverage concealer in my books (I consider full coverage concealer to be those tattoo covering concealers.) This concealer lasts pretty much all day (maybe 15-20% has faded throughout the day but that is an acceptable amount for me since I have super-oily skin and since my dark circles aren't showing it's good enough for me!) 

The concealer is a slightly thicker liquid consistency than the NARS one but also watery. I put a little too much on the back of my hand today and it ran down a little. (With this pump, it's a little hard getting the correct amount out.)


Overall:
To gals with dark circles like me get the Prolongwear Concealer! It has more coverage and lasts longer on your face. And it's cheaper! Best one I've tried so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment